4/5/2019 - Waterline Work: Iron Avenue from Santa Fe Avenue to 5th Street
On Tuesday, April 9, Smoky Hill Construction will be closing all lanes of Iron Avenue between 5th Street and Santa Fe Avenue to continue the new water line work.
- Westbound traffic on Iron Avenue will be detoured north on 5th Street to Ash Street and then west to return to Santa Fe Avenue.
- Eastbound traffic on Iron Avenue will be detoured south on Santa Fe Avenue.
- Southbound traffic on North Santa Fe Avenue will be able to continue south.
- Parking on northbound North Santa Fe Avenue will be available.
- All businesses on Iron Avenue and Santa Fe Avenue in this work area will have access to their doors.
- This work will take approximately 8 weeks, dependent upon weather.
The intersection at Iron Avenue and 5th Street will reopen for southbound traffic.
Plenty of downtown parking exists in the public parking lots and along Fifth Street and Seventh Street.