The City of Salina monitors the National Weather Service and the Mulberry Creek is expected to reach flood levels during the night of Wednesday, May 8. The City of Salina may close the following roads, if needed:
- North 9th Street between Euclid Avenue and I-70
- West State Street between Broadway Boulevard and K-140 (old US-40)
- K-140 (old US-40) from Broadway to I-135
- West State Street and West North Street west of Old US-40
- West Cloud Street near Cherokee Street
The city will also be monitoring North Ohio Street between the levee and I-70. North Ohio may also need to be closed if conditions worsen throughout the night.
Any closed roads listed will reopen when the flood water recedes and the road conditions are suitable for use by the traveling public.