ORDINANCE NUMBER 20-11026
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526, CODIFIED AS CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP OF THE CITY OF SALINA, KANSAS BY REZONING AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the following described real estate:
The South One Hundred Fifty (150) ft. of Lot One (1) on the South One Hundred Fifty (150) ft. of the East Twenty-Five (25) ft. of Lot Two (2), Lots Five (5) through Ten (10) and Lot Fifteen (15), all in College Court, an addition to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas. (the “Property”)
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
- All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Zoning District Map and the rezoning of the Property have been timely met;
2.The Property is more suitable for campus support facilities than continued residential use due to its proximity to the campus;
3. The rezoning request area is adjacent to (across the street from) existing U zoned property so the requested U zoning would be compatible with the zoning and uses of nearby property;
4. Needed public utilities and streets are already in place to serve the needs of the rezoning request area;
5. The school campus has frontage on and easy access to North 9th Street, a major arterial street; and
6. The requested zoning change is consistent with the Future Land Use Map which shows this area as Public/Semi-Public, the same designation as the main campus.
Section 2. Amendment. DISTRICT “U” UNIVERSITY DISTRICT. The Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas is amended to rezone the Property as part of DISTRICT “U” UNIVERSITY DISTRICT.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances relating to the Property are repealed to the extent they are in conflict with this ordinance.
Section 4. Summary of ordinance for publication. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once by summary in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 20-11026 Summary
On August 3, 2020, the City Commission passed Ordinance No. 20-11026. The ordinance changes the zoning district classification of three (3) tracts of land on the north side of Euclid Avenue that are owned by St. John’s Ministries and School from R (Single Family Residential) to U (University) district. A complete copy of the Ordinance can be found at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the City Clerk, 300 W. Ash, free of charge. This summary is certified by the City’s legal counsel.
Introduced: July 27, 2020
Passed: August 3, 2020
Michael L. Hoppock, Mayor
Cheryl Mermis, Deputy City Clerk
The publication summary set forth above is certified this _____ day of August, 2020.
Greg A. Bengtson, City Attorney